Updates

Here I am, finally, brushing the dust off of this old blog site. Thank you, Mark Henderson, for being so unintentionally inspiring!

Some have asked about the publication of Crayons in the Toaster, which has seen so many delays. We are closer than ever. That being said, we still need to work out some kinks. My hope is to have it completed before the New Year rolls in.

Fall has successfully vanquished the imposing fires that intruded upon our usual climate here in the Pacific Northwest and I must say I am happy for it. I won't complain about the rain but rather blow it heartfelt kisses for wiping the air clean of smoky haze. Additionally, with the change of seasons comes home schooling and with home schooling comes that longing look I generally cast out the window as I wish to be out in my garden. But there, again, I cannot complain. I enjoy teaching and the girls enjoy home schooling. Moreover, I am somewhat content with the view out my window that is now free of haze, thanks to the rain. Welcome, Fall.

Our little brood will embark upon a new adventure this fall. Braces. Not for me – I’ve had braces. Twice. Don’t ask. The braces will be for my three daughters and all at the same time, I might add, to varying degrees. The eldest is a slow bloomer as far as teeth are concerned and still does not have all of her adult teeth even at 13, so she has had headgear for about a year now. Soon to join the ‘fun’ will be the middle child who has all her adult teeth, save her wisdom teeth; large, beautiful teeth in a tiny little mouth. Child 3 needs headgear to position teeth out of the way of other adult teeth that are crowded and coming in behind one another. All need to be done while they are in their growing years. As a side note, is anyone hiring?

Another adventure to note, for those who enjoy gardening, I plan to try a small ‘winter garden’ this year. I read a book from the library over the summer regarding the topic, and it intrigues me. I have the wood and the plastic already from previous projects, so I will assemble a top for one of my current garden boxes and see if anything can be coaxed to grow in the Pacific Northwest winter season.

That is all the news for now from the land where the laundry never ends.


Cheers,

Shai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fall of Summer

Where Foul Language Began

Random Challenges in Homeschooling