Where Foul Language Began

Disclaimer: no foul language was used or harmed in the making of this blog excerpt.

The wind has picked up and temperatures have dropped here in the shaded part of the United States, otherwise known as the Pacific Northwest. Rain is looming. Therefore, fate deems it the appropriate time to begin replacement of my truck cap and rotor. My husband would do this if he hadn't sprained his hip last week. I realize, as I peer into the engine cavity, why a sprained hip might dull the mechanical enthusiasm in the replacement of these particular parts. The cap and rotor are located pretty close to dead center between the wheel wells and up close to the firewall. Mechanics under 6 feet tall would nearly need to be dangled mid air to avoid leaning on a potentially breakable engine part while attempting to access the cap. Considering I am not 6 feet tall, nor a mechanic, my task this morning has me scratching my head a bit. Sprained hip? I attempt feeble repentance at questioning my husband's true physical state. Where are the screws that hold the cap on? They must be seen to be loosened... tiny little screws in the dark engine cavity. It's time to consult the experts on YouTube.

After viewing several videos, I find the one that answers my question. It also gives me insight into how to line an engine to TDC (Top Dead Center). The engine the gentleman uses to demonstrate has been torn apart and all the pistons and lifters can be seen. I realize am reminded as I watch the video of how much I really do enjoy working on engines. This may seem out of character to most who really do not know me, but in my youth I spent a great deal of time under the hoods of cars and trucks. The science of it; the physics. It is like a big puzzle that my brain eats like an owl eats a rat! Perhaps I could have come up with a better analogy, but swallowing something in one big lump seems more accurate to the situation than swallowing large gulps.

I didn't have time to proof read this prior to posting. If you noticed that already, raise your hand.

Back out to the truck I go, with masking tape in hand. The wires must be labeled because if they are put in the wrong order once the part has been replaced the engine will not work and damage can be caused. This point brings us to the foundation of foul language. I am convinced that no 'foul' words existed prior to the creation of the automobile.

I would love to type more, but I have a white keyboard so... well... HAD a white keyboard. And I must put the truck back together now before I forget where things go.

To be continued....

Cheers

Comments

Tim Baker said…
Make sure you adjust your clicketer pins while youre at it or you could burn out the kanipple valve.
Shai Adair said…
Right! I better change the Canadian air out of my tires, too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Fall of Summer

Random Challenges in Homeschooling